New Route Receptor
Glare analyses can now utilize a generic route receptor to model continuous, multi-segment paths.
Use routes to model receptors for roads, rail lines, helicopter paths and other multiline features.
- Rename the flight path receptor to "2-mile flight path" for clarity
- Miscellaneous bug fixes and improvements
- Scatter-point glare check algorithm update - improved accuracy and reliability
- Envelope path glare check algorithm update - improved accuracy for flight paths based on sun scatter
- Improve accuracy of glare impact calculations based on glare spot location
ForgeSolar is dedicated to providing the latest technology in glare analysis.
Point and path glare analysis methods have been updated to provide even greater accuracy.
These changes represent advancements in the study of PV glare.
Future analyses may yield different results than prior analyses.
Note that prior results will not change unless the analysis is re-run.
These updates also include various preparatory enhancements for our upcoming
coalescence glare analysis functionality, whereby glare from different PV sites can be
aggregated to evaluate cumulative impacts.
- Generate FAA-specific GlareGauge report PDF
- Export component data to XLSX
- Upload KML with PV arrays (Beta)
- Mark OPs as ATCT for tailored results
- OP footprint plot displaying where glare reflections occur on PV array
- Module slope error is now based on selected PV module material by default
- PV systems with single-axis tracking now default to a max rotation angle of 60 deg
- Flight paths now limit pilot view to reasonable values by default. (This is acceptable to FAA).
- Analysis results now include a stacked column chart displaying number of minutes of glare per day.
- Upgrade server capacity and Optimization tool
- Move to forgesolar.com
- Update FAQ
- Numerous bug fixes
- Add component data to results page
- Increase max number of concurrent glare analyses
- Add Help pages
- Due to their impact on disk usage, PV Optimization analyses no longer create .CSV data files